The Big Breakfast
Write a review
- 500 g Sweet Potato cut into cubes
- 25 g duck fat
- 200 g cup Mushrooms, quartered
- 175 g rashers Bacon
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Spring Onions, chopped
- 6 Free Range Eggs
- ½ cup coconut Cream
- First cook the sweet potatoes in a large pot of boiling salted water for around 10-15 minutes, until tender but still firm. Meanwhile, melt the duck fat in a frying pan on medium and cook the mushrooms for 5 mins, or until golden. Next remove from the pan, add the bacon to same pan and cook for 3-5 mins, or until crisp. Then return the mushrooms to pan and keep warm. Heat the olive oil in another frying pan on medium. Place the sweet potato’s into the pan stirring occasionally for 10 mins, or until crisp and golden. Next add the onions and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and coconut cream and season to taste. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft but not runny.
- Serve scrambled eggs with bacon, mushrooms and sweet potato.