What to Eat and Not to Eat
Most people that do not know much about the Paleo lifestyle and think that it is very restrictive in what you can eat. But they are wrong, there is an awesome amount of different foods you can use to turn into amazing meals. If you have not tried the Paleo lifestyle then why not give it a go. The only risk you will be taking is losing weight and becoming fit and healthy.
WHAT TO EAT
- Beef, veal, pork, lamb, rabbit, bison, goat, kangaroo, wild boar, deer,pheasant, moose, elk, duck, riendeer, chicken, and wild turkey.
- Salmon, tuna, trout, bass, halibut, sole,haddock, turbot, walleye, tilapia, anchovy, grouper, mackerel and herring.
- Crab, scallops, mussels, lobster, clams, shrimps and oysters.
- Duck, quail, chicken and goose.
- Avocados, bell peppers, leek, cucumber, artichokes, okra, celery, onions, kohlrabi, egg plant, cabbage, asparagus, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Kale, lettuce, arugula, chicory, bok choy, seaweeds, swiss chard, endive, beet top, spinach, watercress and turnip greens.
- Carrots, cassava, radish, parsnips, turnips, beets, yams, sweet potatoes, Jerusalem, artichoke and rutabaga.
- Squash, zucchini, crock neck squash, butternut squash, acom squash and spaghetti squash
- Bananas, pears, berries, oranges, cherries, grapefruit, apples, stawberries, cranberry, blueberry, plums, figs, passion fruit, dates, persimmon, honeydew mellon
- nectarines, peaches, cantaloupe, pomegranates, kiwi, lime, lemon, mango, papaya and grapes
- Crimini, portabello, button, oyster, morel, porcini and shiitake.
Nuts & Seeds
- Pine, sunflower, pecans, walnuts, macadamia, chestnuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, pistachios and sesame.
- coriander, Parsley, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lavender, dill, bay leaves, basil, chives, tarragon and sage.
- turmeric, Ginger, cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper, mustard seeds, chilies, vanilla, nutmeg and cloves.
- coconut milk, avocado oil, ghee, lard, sardines, nut butters, duck fat, lamb fat, coconut oil and nut oils.
The best meats to eat that are high in vitamins and minerals are liver, kidney, bone marrow, heart and brain. I have not really aquired a tast for these meats yet and I do not think that I will. But that is okay because there are plenty of other foods on the list that are high in vitamins and minerals. But if you are into these types of meat then go for it.
Also oysters, mussels, sardines, salmon, egg yolks and fermented foods like sauerkraut.
WHAT NOT TO EAT
- Grains like, barley, rice, wheat and rye. Anything with gluten in it.
- Legumes, like peanuts, soybean, chickpeas and kidney beans.
- Vegetable, seed oils like soybean oil, corn oil, peanut oil and canola oil.
- Sugar, like soft drinks, lollies (candies), fruit juice that is not freshly squeezed, cakes. ( Natural sugars from fresh fruit is fine).
- Dairy, like milk, cheese and yogurt.
There are some people that have their own versions of the Paleo way of life, some do not have any dairy at all some say it is okay to have a little sheep's milk, unsweetened yogurt, full fat cream, ricotta, butter and aged cheese. It's up to you to decide what is best for you, but if you have any serious gut problems coursed by gluten intolerance and sensitivity to lactose and casein (a milk protein). Then it is best to avoid all milk and wheat products all together, but