Lemon Basil Drumsticks
An awesome lemon and basil drumstick meal
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 9 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. coconut butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees f (182 degrees Celsius ). Now grab your chicken and gently loosen the skin around the drumsticks. Be careful not to put any holes in the skin and flesh of the drumsticks. Now gently put the basil leaves between the skin and flesh of the drumsticks and then smooth out the skin back in place being careful not to put any holes in the skin.
- You will now need a small bowl to make your basting sauce in. Place the coconut butter, honey, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, garlic, pepper and dried basil leaves in the bowl and mix well.
- Place the drumsticks in a glass dish big enough to place the drumsticks in a single layer. Now brush the drumsticks with half the basting sauce.
- Place the dish in the 350 degree f oven and cook the drumsticks for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes turn all the drumsticks over and brush them with the basting sauce. Cook for around 20 to 30 more minutes while brushing the drumsticks with the sauce every 10 minutes.
- When the drumsticks are thoroughly cooked through remove them from the oven and enjoy these awesome chicken drumsticks with your family. This will serve 3 people with a side dish of vegetables.