Beef Short Ribs
This is an amazing beef short rib recipe, once you taste it you will not be able to stop eating it.
Write a review
- 6 beef short ribs;
- 1 fennel, top removed and core diced;
- 1 leek, green part removed and white cut into 1-inch pieces;
- 2 onions, chopped;
- 6 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces;
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces;
- 3 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 tbsp tomato paste;
- 6 cups beef stock;
- 1 bottle dry red wine;
- A few fresh rosemary sprigs;
- A few fresh thyme sprigs;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- 1. The first thing that you need to do is preheat your oven to 400 F or 205 C.
- 2. Put some foil onto a baking tray and place the beef short ribs on to the foil. Then season them to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Once you have done that, place them in the preheated oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- 3. Next heat a dutch oven or pot on the stove at a medium to low heat and cook the fennel, leek, onion, celery and carrots in some cooking fat for around 15 minutes.
- 4. Once you have done that, then stir in the garlic and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- 5. Now the important part, pour yourself a glass of wine you have earned it. Then pour in a bottle of red wine together with the tomato paste and season to taste with salt and pepper. Next bring to a boil and let boil until reduced by half this should take around 10 minutes.
- 6. Next you will need to add the roasted short ribs in the pot or dutch oven. Pour in the beef stock and bring to a simmer.
- 7. Now you will need to cover and place it into the oven and then lower the temperature to 300 F or 150 C for about 2 hours.
- 8. Once the 2 hours is up, remove it from the oven and then remove the meat from the pot or dutch oven and set aside.
- 9. Now you need to reduce the liquid to the desired consistency. So first up remove the thyme and rosemary from the liquid and then bring the liquid to a boil.
- 10. Let the liquid simmer uncovered until it is reduced to the desired consistency, this will take around 20 minutes.
- 11. Finally we are about done, now add back the meat to the liquid before you serve it to heat it through.