The Paleo diet is called by many names, like the Caveman diet, Primal, The Stone Age diet, Hunter Gatherer's diet, Ancestral Lifestyle and many more. The Paleo way of life has been around for a while now, but has just started to get a lot of notice now. There has been a lot of scientific research done on the Paleo life change and as all new things there are a lot of people in the scientific community knocking it. But there are also just as many in the scientific community and medical profession that are promoting the Paleo way of life.
You can listen to an interview that I did with Anastasia Bolia on the Interview page of this site. Anastasia is a Doctor in Sydney Australia and she is a brilliant speaker about the Paleo life style.
One of the first books that came out about the Paleo way of life was a book by Dr Loren Cordain called The Paleo Diet. The Paleo way of life did not start to become popular until after the bestselling book The Primal Blueprint by former athlete Mark Sisson came on sale. There was also another great book that came out around the same time called The Paleo Solution by Biochemist Robb Wolf. The Paleo way of life became a lot more popular first in the United States and has now moved to Australia and other counties all around the world.
Here are some awesome reasons why you should be a Paleo convert:
- With technology moving as fast as it is now, it is increasingly making humans lazy, overweight and depressed. Unlike my childhood of going outside as soon as I could with my mates running around, kicking the footy, swimming, fishing, playing cricket and camping in the forest. Kids and adults now days are sitting on the couch playing video games for hours and eating an endless supply of junk food. People now think they do not have time to cook a healthy meal for themselves and their children. They always say I don't have time and it will not hurt the family to have takeaway, "or I should say junk food", on occasion. But this usually turns into everyday occurrence and if they only took time to research what goes into those types of foods. If they did then I think it would scare the hell out of them. But it is never too late to change, it only takes some will power and determination and a awesome healthy lifestyle like the Paleo lifestyle.
- There are large number of respected Doctors, Nutritionist, professional athletes', Biochemist and dietitians around the world that believe the Paleo lifestyle is the way to go. The Paleo lifestyle is based around our ancestors who ate only unprocessed foods and moved around much more than we do. They also slept better and were a lot less stressed. There are some people that call Paleo, the Caveman Diet which is a term that I don't like. When I spoke with Doctor Anastasia Bolia she said that she did not like it being called the Caveman diet and most of the Paleo community hate the term Caveman diet as well.
- A lot of our current western chronic diseases seem to stem from incompatibility of our bodies with that environment that we find ourselves in. So were inactive, we are stressed, we eat, we don't eat food we eat food like items that are devoid from any meaningful nutrition and heart decease, diabetes, Ostroprocess, asthma and obesity are just probably some of the diseases that our ancestors and also modern hunters and gatherers don't seem to suffer from.
- Doctor Terry Wahls who is an American medical practitioner who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis some years ago and being a medical professional she was exposed to the best treatment and started doing her research and she achieved her best results not with the latest treatments but with diet which was the Paleo diet she went from being in a wheel chair to walking with a cane and riding a bike and it was just an amazing story of somebody who just used food to turn their life around. You can find a lot more amazing stories on the internet about how the Paleo lifestyle has changed the health of people around the world for the better.
- We are starting to learn more and more about the diseases of civilization as we call them that have chronic inflammation at their core. We are also starting to learn about the importance of our gut bacteria our intestinal microbiome and we know that to keep those bugs healthy and happy we need to be going back to normal food, real food not putting industrial strength food like particles into our body's.
- We will never really know the exact composition of the breakfast of our Paleolithic great, great, great, great, father but it doesn't really matter because I don't know what was on their plate or what was on the fire but I do know that it is not coke and it is not hamburgers and I know that it is not corn flakes and probably not tiptop bread. So the decision is exactly quite easy, just don't buy stuff that is in a box.